Books by Category:
Kevin Crossley - All books by this author
This art instruction manual takes the form of a master class for artists who are intent on perfecting their style as fantasy-theme illustrators. Supplemented with vivid and instructive illustrations for every related topic, the bookís teaching units include
101 Top Tips for Fantasy Painters is the ultimate resource for both newcomers to fantasy art and experienced artists looking to promote their artwork in the professional arena. More than 400 illustrations.
- Sketching and Drawing developing concepts, rough sketching and detailed drawing, descriptive drawing, digital drawing, anatomy of both real and fantasy figures
- Composition and Concepts using basic shapes to lay out an image, processing sketches, designing fantasy creatures, armor, spacecraft, vehicles, weaponry, landscapes, and architecture for fantasy worlds
- Using Color watercolors, ink-line and wash, inks, acrylics, digital media
- The Devil is in the Details filters, texture, physical and digital, balance
- Art Master Class speed painting, portrait sketching, understanding light, coloring graphic novel illustrations
- Finishing Touches presentation techniques, adjusting color balance and tone
About The Author:
Kevin Crossley worked for fifteen years in the video games industry, providing fantasy art for many titles. His work currently appears in Imagine FX magazine.
Paperback / 176 Pages / 8 1/4 x 9 1/4 / 2012