Aiming for the Perfect Score
Ann Hirsch, M.A., Krista L. McDaniel, M.A., Alexander Spare, M.A., Jonathan Pazol, M.S., and Krista L. McDaniel, M.A. - All books by this author
An ACT test score of 36 represents test-taking perfection. College-bound students who approach this score are virtually assured of acceptance into the nation’s finest colleges. Students who are focusing on getting an exceptionally high or even perfect score on the ACT will want to get their hands on this innovative book. Inside, they’ll find:
MAC® OS X
1. Fundamentally Speaking
2. Punctuation: Minimize the Madness
3. Sound Sentences
4. World of Words
5. Thinking Like a Writer
6. English Practice Test
7. Overview of the Mathematics Section
8. Elementary Algebra
9. Intermediate Algebra/Coordinate Geometry
10. Plane Geometry/Trigonometry
11. Mini-Lessons as Review
12. Math Practice Test
13. Balancing Efficiency and Accuracy
14. Fiction: Are You a Good Judge of Character?
15. The Nuances of Nonfiction
16. Overview of the Science Test
17. Passage Types and Strategies
18. Passage Dissection: Introductions
19. Passage Dissection: Tables, Graphs, and Figures
20. Passage Dissection: Questions
21. Data Representation Passages
22. Research Summaries Passages
23. Conflicting Viewpoints Passages
24. Tips for Boosting Your Science Score
25. Writing an Effective Essay
About The Authors:
Ann Summers, M.A., has taught high school math in California and Colorado since 1994. She is currently Secondary Math Resource Specialist for Littleton Public Schools, Littleton, CO.
Krista L. McDaniel, M.A., is Literacy Coordinator and Language Arts teacher at Littleton High School, Littleton, CO.
Alexander Spare, M.A., is a English Language Arts teacher at Littleton High School, Littleton, CO, as well as Educational Director of an in-home tutoring operation.
Jonathan Pazol, M.S., M.Ed., has been a science teacher for 20 years at West Leyden High School, Northlake, IL. Over the years he has taught biology, AP Biology, and chemistry.
GREAT NEWS! Barrons has a test prep Website for the ACT and SAT I exams! You can take complete ACT and SAT I practice tests, select questions from either the Math or Verbal sections, or concentrate on particular question types. When you are finished, you'll get immediate feedback, including answers to all ACT and SAT I questions with full explanations. Instant results pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and let you know where you need to practice most. Head on over to BarronsTestPrep.com to start scoring big on the ACT and SAT I exam today!
Paperback / 336 Pages / 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 / 2012