Sharon Weiner Green, M.A., and Ira K. Wolf, Ph.D. - All books by this author
This newly revised and updated manual gives you a test overview plus test-taking advice and a timetable for a typical computer-based GRE test. Added features include
The enclosed CD-ROM presents two additional full-length computer-based GREs with all questions answered and explained and automatic scoring.
- A diagnostic test with an answer key and answer explanations
- A verbal reasoning review with practice questions in sentence completion and reading comprehension
- An analytical writing review with scoring guidelines and practice exercises
- A quantitative reasoning review that includes general math strategies, discrete quantitative questions, quantitative comparison questions, and data interpretation questions
- Two full-length model GRE tests with answer keys and answer explanations.
BONUS ONLINE FREE GRE COURSE:
With purchase of Barron’s GRE manual, you also get FREE access to Barron’s Online GRE Course. When you go online with Barron’s, you get:
- A diagnostic test to establish your skill profile
- A GRE personalized study plan based on your skill profile and designed to help you focus your time and energy for productive study
- Online video lessons with solutions to help you master difficult concepts
- A GRE skill report to monitor your progress
- Additional practice questions to help you optimize your score
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.33GHz,
Athlon 64 2800+ or faster processor
Memory: 128MB of RAM.
Graphics Memory: 128MB.
Windows 8, 7, Windows Vista®,
Windows XP, Windows Server® 2008,
Windows Server 2003.
MAC® OS X
Processor: Intel Core™ Duo
1.33GHz or faster processor.
Memory: 256MB of RAM.
Graphics Memory: 128MB.
Platforms: Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.4 (Intel).
Table of Contents:
Timetable for a Typical Computer-Based Graduate Record Examination
PART 1: Introduction/Diagnostic Test
- 1 What You Need to Know About the GRE
- 2 Test-Taking Tactics for the Computer-Based GRE
- 3 A Diagnostic Test
PART 2: Verbal Ability: Tactics, Review, and Practice
- 4 Sentence Equivalence and Text Completion
- 5 Reading Comprehension Questions
- 6 Reviewing Vocabulary
PART 3: Analytical Writing: Tactics, Strategies, and Practice
- 7 Analytical Writing
PART 4: Quantitative Ability: Tactics, Strategies, Practice, and Review
- 8 General Math Strategies
- 9 Discrete Quantitative Questions
- 10 Quantitative Comparison Questions
- 11 Data Interpretation Questions
- 12 Mathematics Review
PART 5: Model Tests
- 13 Model Tests
About The Authors:
Sharon Weiner Green, M.A., is a former Instructor in English, Merritt College, Oakland, California.
Ira K. Wolf, Ph.D. is a former Teacher of Mathematics, Benjamin N. Cardozo High School, Bayside, NY
Paperback w/CD-ROM / 480 Pages / 8 3/8 x 10 7/8 / 2013